MA Tianrui, RUAN Zihang
Landscape Architecture, Shanghai Jiao Tong School of Design
A word from the artist :
“1. Creative inspiration
Due to the adverse effects caused by the changes in the global environment in recent years, we wanted to make an innovative and cautionary work. At the same time, we think about the particularity of the material of the lamp, and want to use the lamp to connect the front and back.
2. Introduction of works
1. Story introduction
It tells the story of the relationship between a person and nature from harmony to destruction and finally restoration. Take the development of human civilization and urban changes as bright lines, and the color of green changes into dark lines. The design is exquisite, the artistic conception is beautiful, and the whole creates a deep atmosphere and is thought-provoking. It warns people that asking for nature will eventually suffer the consequences, and only by loving nature and pursuing harmonious coexistence between man and nature can the world continue to develop.
2. Material introduction
LED light, electronic decorative light, Color strip pulled, bouquet material, sun film, screen, corrugated paper, foam board, colored paper”
“3. Video copywriting
1. At first, the verdant vegetation, eyeful green.
2. Nature is full of vitality, and human beings are brewed and produced in chaos.
3. Small human settlements are in awe of nature, and nature provides all the needs of human life.
4. Settlements are further developed and natural forces are weakened.
5. Humans and nature are harmonious.
6. The scope of human-dominated expansion, natural resources significantly reduced.
7. Humans continue to expand, senior control the idea of nature, natural space is less and less.
8. In the industrial age, the consumption of resources accelerated, followed by the bleak nature……
9. Nature is exhausted, the human world is unprecedented prosperity, but there is a huge crisis.
10. So greed, and eventually destroyed with the dying nature.
11. The original bleak world turned to ashes, breeding the seeds of a new world .
12. A new world of harmonious coexistence between man and nature and green water and mountains has come into being.”
About the IDEARTS
Art can be defined in a thousand different manners. In today’s world, it is increasingly regarded as a way to learn and share about sustainability and green technologies; as a lever to raise awareness on climate change and throw light on workarounds for global warming; as a means to better understand the problematics of our times and the prospects for our future.
For its very first edition, Vadviam’s IDEARTS programme has invited Architecture and Landscape Architecture students from renowned Shanghai Jiao Tong School of Design to create artworks intended to illustrate environmental issues and offer solutions for global sustainability.